Comment Text Direction

Hi,

How can I change Text Direction of Comment to Right to Left?

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

It seems, you cannot change text direction of the comment using Aspose.Cells. Could you please provide us the sample xls/xlsx file with a comment having text direction from right to left for our reference. We will look into it further and log it in our database as a New Feature request.

Hi Shakeel,

You can find the requested file in the attachment. Also I have another problem, It seems that Aspose.Cells has issue in setting HorizontalTextDirection of Comment. Would you please check it and let me know the results?

Sample Code Using Aspose.Cells 8.0.1
var wb = new Workbook();
var sheet = wb.Worksheets[0];
var comment = sheet.Comments[sheet.Comments.Add(“A1”)];
comment.TextHorizontalAlignment = TextAlignmentType.Right;
comment.CommentShape.TextHorizontalAlignment = TextAlignmentType.Right;
comment.Note = “Text”;
wb.Save(@“d:\Book1.xlsx”);

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

It seems, this feature is not available, you cannot change comment text direction with current Aspose.Cells APIs. We have logged a New Feature Request in our database to implement this feature.

We will look into it and implement it. Once, there is some fix or other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42585.

I have attached the screenshot for a reference.

Thank you for New Feature Request. Please consider my question about Text Alignment in the previous post.

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue. When the comment alignment is set to right, it does not work. We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Both issues have been logged as

• CELLSNET-42585 - Change Comment Text Direction
  • CELLSNET-42586 - Comment text alignment when set to right is not working

Hi,

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.0.1.3
We have fixed the following issue:

• CELLSNET-42586 - Comment text alignment when set to right is not working

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

It seems that the issue has been fixed. Thank you

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42585;CELLSNET-42586) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.