Comments do not survive two consecutive Document.compare calls

I have three documents, original, revision 1 and revision 2. Revisions are the same original document with suggestions and comments added. I open original document and revision 1. Then I call original.compare(revision 1). Everything is ok, changes are merged, comments are included in the original document. Now I can even save the original document, quit the application and start over - no matter what, the comments from the previous step are emptied when I do updatedOriginal.compare(revision 2). Comments from revision 2 are successfully added.

merge-test.zip (1.0 MB)
Uploaded test artifacts.

See the final document where the comment from Rev 1 is empty.

@marvec,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of any correction in Aspose.Words for Java API, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system with ID WORDSNET-21726. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of linked issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your quick response. We are currently implementing a pilot for a client. We are considering a couple of options with Aspose being the favorite. However, this feature is a must. Is there any chance to have that fixed by the end of this month (Feb)?

@marvec,

The issue you reported last week ( WORDSNET-21726) is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, there is no ETA (time frame) available at the moment. We have logged your concerns in our issue tracking system and will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as your issue will get resolved in future or any ETA may be available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-21726) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 21.9 update.