Compare Documents Generates Incorrect Revisions using .NET

Hi,

Aspose Word document compare is failing with a particular set of documents I’m working with. I have been able to drill down on what’s causing the issue — it seems to be related to differences in ordered list encoding from what I’ve gathered.

I’ve tried to attach the example word documents that cause the issue to this post, however, it’s not allowing me to. Is there an email address I can forward the documents to?

Thanks,
Jordan

@jobryan

Please ZIP and attach your input Word documents along with problematic and expected output documents. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the response. I’ve attached the files to this zip file.
AsposeBug.zip (29.5 KB)

@jobryan

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-21766. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

I’m following up on our conversation from early February. Have you been able to find a solution to this problem? It appears to be a pretty standard index out of bounds issue.

Thanks!

Best,

Kevin

@jobryan,

We have completed the analysis of this issue. The fix of WORDSNET-21766 is “In Development” phase; but, there is not any ETA available at the moment. We will inform you here when this issue will get resolved in future and apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi @awais.hafeez,

Is there any update on the status of this bug? This is critical for us.

Thanks,
Jordan

@jobryan,

Regarding WORDSNET-21766, there isn’t any further news about this issue. But, we have logged your concerns in our issue tracking system and will keep you posted here on any further updates. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-21766) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.7 update.