I have same issue. I am working on aspose word compare. I want to show user name and doc modification date. I am passing user name and date to compare function but it is not displayed in comparison. Can you please help?
The following simple code will show Author name and supplied Comparison Date in resultant document:
Document doc = new Document("E:\\Temp\\doc1.docx"); Document doc2 = new Document("E:\\Temp\\doc2.docx"); doc.Compare(doc2, "Awais", DateTime.Now.AddYears(-5)); doc.Save("E:\\Temp\\20.6.docx");
Sample documents and screenshot of resultant document are attached here for your reference:
- Compare Word Documents.zip (68.0 KB)
If this is not what you are looking for, then please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:
- Your simplified input documents
- Aspose.Words 20.6 generated output document showing the undesired behavior
- Your expected document showing the correct output. You can create expected document by using MS Word.
- Please also create a standalone simple console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your current problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Please do not include Aspose.Words DLL files in it to reduce the file size.
- Any additional steps that you think might be required to reproduce this issue on our end.
As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.