Compare Word Documents with Different Images using C# .NET & Get Insertions Deletions Revisions

hello
does the following feature works with images ? if i have two word files with different images. Compare Documents in C#|Aspose.Words for .NET
thanks
sebastien

@miniseb31,

If you Compare two Word documents containing two different images by using MS Word 2019 desktop application, it will then produce two Revisions in the final document (i.e. Insertions: 1 and Deletions: 1). Please see the sample documents:

Aspose.Words API mimics the same behavior. Please try running the following code:

Document doc1 = new Document("E:\\Temp\\Doc1.docx");
Document doc2 = new Document("E:\\Temp\\Doc2.docx");

Console.WriteLine("Before Revisions count = " + doc1.Revisions.Count);
doc1.Compare(doc2, "Awais", DateTime.Now);
Console.WriteLine("After Revisions count = " + doc1.Revisions.Count);

foreach (Revision rev in doc1.Revisions)
    Console.WriteLine(rev.RevisionType);

doc1.Save("E:\\Temp\\20.5-compared.docx");

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

hello,
here is some tests comparison.zip (266.6 KB)

Doc1.docx and doc2.docx does not contain the same image, i tested the comparison with aspose, and with ms word version 16 and it does not give the same result.

@miniseb31,

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-21874. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

do you have a workaround ?

@miniseb31,

Your issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. There isn’t any workaround available at the moment. Once the analysis of this issue is completed and the root cause is determined, we may then be able to provide you a workaround. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-21874) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.3 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.3 update.