Compatibility problems in the pivot table (PivotField) - 'IsAutoShow' and 'AutoShowField'

Hi,

Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 have different algorithms for ‘Top 10…’ Filter. For documents with the old filter all work properly, but for the new filter type: ‘IsAutoShow’ and ‘AutoShowField’ are incorrect. These properties always have the same value: IsAutoShow = false, AutoShowField = -1.

I created simple document with pivot table in Excel 2003 (testAutoShow2003.xls). It has ‘Top 10…’ filter for ‘Product’ field.
IsAutoShow = true
AutoShowField = 0
I converted this document to *.xlsx format and refreshed the pivot table (testAutoShow2003To2010Refresh.xlsx). Excel asked me about changes in filtering and I agreed. The values of properties are incorrect now.
IsAutoShow = false
AutoShowField = -1
I also tried to refresh *.xls file in Excel 2010 (testAutoShow2003Refresh.xls) and convert to *.xlsx without refreshing (testAutoShow2003To2010.xlsx), but new documents have no such problems. So the problem may be related with the new filtering algorithm.

PivotFieldCollection pfc = pt.RowFields;
for (int i = 0; i < pfc.Count; i++)
{
PivotField pf = pfc[i];
printLine(“AutoShowField”, pf.AutoShowField.ToString(), SPACE4); // my inner printing method
printLine(“IsAutoShow”, pf.IsAutoShow.ToString(), SPACE4);
}
Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thank for the sample files,

Initially, I can find the issue as you have mentioned. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40131. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Alex,

After further evaluation we come to know that the IsAutoShow and AutoShowField of PivotTable are the properties of MS Excel 2003, there is no setting defined for them in MS Excel2007 for these two properties. So, they are invalid in MS Excel 2007.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Yes, you are right. It was my mistake. Please, close this issue.

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We have marked this issue as resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan