We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Compatibility with Windows Server 2003 SP2 Standard Edition

Hello,

we are about to evaluate your Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services.
we would like to know if there are any compatibility issues with a setup

with Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition 2005, and MS Windows Server 2003 SP2 Standard Edition?

thanks

~Ben

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Install Manually - Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services

Dear Ben,

Thanks for your interest Aspose.Slides.

I would like to share with you that Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services does not depends on Operting System choice and is compatible to be used with Windows Server 2003 SP2 Standard Edition. Please share with us, if you may have any further queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello,

I would like some help in installing the evaluation of this product.

Regarding: Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices
i am unable to see the PPT extensions as optional file formats in the Export list for any of our reports.

Further investigation found that SSRS was unable to load the requisite code that provides these extensions.

below is an extract of one of the log files:

thanks

~Ben

w3wp!extensionfactory!16!8/31/2010-13:46:12:: e ERROR: Exception caught instantiating ASPPSX report server extension: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices’ or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified. The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)
File name: ‘Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices’
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.ExtensionClassFactory.LoadAssembly(String name)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.ExtensionClassFactory.CreateExtensionObject(Extension extConfig)

Dear Ben,

I feel there is some installation issue. Can you please uninstall the installed version and try reinstalling using manual method given on this link. Please share with us, if you still encounter any problem.

Thanks and Regards,

We managed to make it work with a previous version.

We are seriously interested in this product and we are evaluating it atm.

Is there a list of technical features (as in how certain components translate from SSRS into the PPT\X\S formats?)

Is there a list of known issues available for this product? (we are using version Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.4.1 )

thanks

~Ben

Dear Ben,

I feel the issue you may be facing is due to unsigned version of Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll for SQL Server 2005 in Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.5.0. We have updated the installers with correct versions and you may please proceed to download section again to download the fresh version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.5.0. If you are still unable to install the Aspose.Slides for RS using MSI installer then please follow these guide lines to manually install the product. Please share your findings with us if the problem still persists.

Thanks and Regards,