Compile Aspose.PDF for .NET with .NET Framework 4.0 - Receiving compiling warning

In a VS2012 dotnet 4 vb.net project I add the latest Aspose.Pdf.dll (7.7.0.0) from the net4.0 folder (from the Aspose.Total_dll_only download).

When I compile the project I get the warning below:

Compiling warning
(0,0): warning : The following assembly has dependencies on a version of the .NET Framework that is higher than the target and might not load correctly during runtime causing a failure: Aspose.Pdf, Version=7.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=47b2d0fcacdd3eb6. The dependencies are: System.Security, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a. You should either ensure that the dependent assembly is correct for the target framework, or ensure that the target framework you are addressing is that of the dependent assembly.

If I add Aspose.Pdf.dll (7.7.0.0) from the net2.0 folder (from the Aspose.Total_dll_only download) it compiles without warnings.

Please advice.

Hi Morten,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using VS2012 ultimate and Aspose.Pdf 7.7.0 .net 4.0 dll, I’m unable to reproduce the issue at my side. For further investigation, can you please confirm targeted framework from your project properties? We will appreciated if you could share a sample project here to replicate the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,