Compress document with a lot of text

Hi,

I am trying to compress one 48Mb PDF which consists of a lot of text (no images).

Unfortunately I am not able to find a way to do that :(.

I found one of online services (SmallPDF) and they managed to compress document from 48Mb to 4,8Mb without any issues.

Please find attached small project for this and also test document.

Btw. I have Windows 8.1 64bit with Visual Studio 2013 and example app is crashing as memory is exploding. 48Mb document used more than 1.2Gb and then application crashed.

Why so much memory is needed and why it crashed on 64bit computer?

Test document is planned under bin/debug folder.

Download link is:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C81FD583FB915804!1539&authkey=!ACty3UFpOMQ7n1w&ithint=file%2czip

I also included document compressed by SmallPDF (document name: SmallPDF.pdf)

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario over Win7 with 8 GB RAM and unable to notice the crash issue. However I have noticed that it is taking around 1.2GB memory and output PDF file is not compressed. So we have logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-38850 for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi again,

thanks for update.

One additional comment - I opened 4x MB pdf with Acrobat Reader DC and saved it.

Acrobat automatically reduced size on 5.5Mb. I attached saved by Acrobat document.

BR,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for sharing your findings. We have shared it with our product team, they will consider it during the investigation of the issue. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

any news here?
Can you check with colleagues when they will work on this issue/provide fix?

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid we noticed your reported issue recently, so it is still pending for investigation due to other issues, already under investigation/resolution. We can not share an ETA, we will be in a good position to share an ETA as soon as our team completes its analysis. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,
Hi Tilal,

any news here? It is not more than 2 months without any update.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your patience.

The issue is still pending for review as the team has been busy fixing previously reported issues and until or unless the team has started analyzing the issue, I am afraid its difficult to share the possible timelines by which it will be resolved. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Nevertheless, as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.
Hi again,

any progress here?
Ticket is more than 3 months old without any update. At least estimate when issue will be checked will help.

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I am afraid the issue is still pending for review as the team has been still busy fixing other previously reported priority issues. Please note that due to high number of high priority / critical issues, this issue is still pending in review list. However I have intimated the product team to schedule its investigation and share the possible time-frame. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.
Hi,

any news here? Just estimate when compression will be worked-on will be great.
As you can see this is going since months without any update :(.

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

The issue reported earlier is still pending for review as the team has been busy fixing other previously reported issues. However I have shared your concerns with product team and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.
Hi,

any news here? It is now more than 9 months. It will be really appreciated that you invest time to improve compression functionality.

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquriy. I am afraid the reported issue is still not resolve, it is pending for investigation as product team is busy in resolving other issues in the queue, reported earlier. However we have raised the issue priority of your issue and requested our product team to investigate the issue and share an ETA/findings at their earliest. We will update you as soon as we get a feedback.

Best Regards,
Hi Tilal,

any news here? It is more than 1 year now and recently I see other customers having compression questions.

Btw. In a meantime you fixed some other PDF issues that I reported after this one so would be appreciated that this problem is also addressed.

Thx,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. I am afraid the issue is still not resolved due to other high priority tasks. However we have again requested our team for ETA and will notify you as soon as some update is available.

Best Regards,

Hi Oliver,

We are pleased to share that the issue reported earlier is resolved and its fix will be included in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET. As soon as the new release becomes available, we will update you within this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us little time.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-38850) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 16.12.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.