Concat PDF files not working and unable to flatten image field

Hello,

On Oct 13, 2010 I entered a case “concatinating xfa forms is not allowed” and I finally received notice on June 5, 2014 that the issue was resolved. I was able to download the latest version and test and so far it appears that I can add pages from one PDF document to another, but the actual Concatenate method while passing in the path to two PDF files is not working. I believe the add pages option will work for our needs, but I would like to understand why such a simple process of Concatenate is not working.

Also, another issue I am having with this new version is trying to fill in the form fields and flattening the fields. Flattening a textbox seems to work fine, but I receive the message “Some fields are malformed, and may not work as expected. Please contact the author for a fix” when I try to flatten an image field. We are using the barcode assembly to create a barcode as a stream then using that stream to populate the image field.

I have a sample vb.net app that is showing the problems I am having.

Thanks!

dontompkins:
On Oct 13, 2010 I entered a case “concatinating xfa forms is not allowed” and I finally received notice on June 5, 2014 that the issue was resolved. I was able to download the latest version and test and so far it appears that I can add pages from one PDF document to another, but the actual Concatenate method while passing in the path to two PDF files is not working. I believe the add pages option will work for our needs, but I would like to understand why such a simple process of Concatenate is not working.
Hi Don,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to
reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our
issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37755.

dontompkins:
Also, another issue I am having with this new version is trying to fill in the form fields and flattening the fields. Flattening a textbox seems to work fine, but I receive the message “Some fields are malformed, and may not work as expected. Please contact the author for a fix” when I try to flatten an image field. We are using the barcode assembly to create a barcode as a stream then using that stream to populate the image field.
I have also managed to reproduce above stated issue and have separately logged it as PDFNEWNET-37756. We
will investigate these issues in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you for verifying the issues and logging them. As you can see we’ve been waiting for 4 years to implement new version of Aspose. Could you please provide me with a timeline as to when I can expect these changes to be resolved?

Hi Don,

First of all please accept our humble apologies for the issue which you have been facing. Furthermore, I have shared your concerns with development team and have asked them to try prioritizing the fix for these issues (which you have been facing for quite long). As soon as we have some definite news regarding the resolution of these problems, we will let you know.

Hello, I would like to emphasize that there is a work around for the concatenate issue by using the Add option so that is less of an issue for us. However, the flattening image issue field is an absolute show stopper for us. I just reverted back to our 4 year old code so we can continue to support our customers needs, but would really like to get up to date on our Aspose components.

My preference is to have the flatten image field issue resolved first.

Thank you,

Don

Hi Don,

Your concerns have already been shared with development team and they will definitely consider them during the resolution of these problem. Nevertheless, as soon as we have some further updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37756;PDFNEWNET-37755) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.