Conditional formatting not supported (Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop)

Hi,

Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop doesnt seem to support conditional formatting. Below is the Aspose.Cells sample code.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

//Adds an empty conditional formatting

int index = sheet.ConditionalFormattings.Add();

Aspose.Cells.FormatConditionCollection fcs = sheet.ConditionalFormattings[index];

Could you please help me with this feature.

Thanks

Staggga

Hi,

The code you pasted is not actually doing anything. Will you please paste your equivalent code in Aspose.Cells. We will investigate this feature and implement in Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop, if it is not available.

Below is the Aspose.Cells sample code:

//Instantiating a Workbook object

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

//Adds an empty conditional formatting

int index = sheet.ConditionalFormattings.Add();

Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.Worksheet sh = sheet;

Aspose.Cells.FormatConditionCollection fcs = sheet.ConditionalFormattings[index];

//Sets the conditional format range.

CellRange range = new CellRange(6, 1, 6, 4);

CellArea ca = new CellArea();

ca.StartRow = 0;

ca.EndRow = 0;

ca.StartColumn = 0;

ca.EndColumn = 0;

fcs.AddArea(ca);

//Adds condition.

int conditionIndex = fcs.AddCondition(FormatConditionType.CellValue, OperatorType.Equal, "=OR(ISBLANK(" + range.Address + ") = false,ISBLANK(" + range.Address + ") = true)", null);

//Sets the background color.

FormatCondition fc = fcs[conditionIndex];

fc.Style.BackgroundColor = Color.Red;

//Saving the Excel file

workbook.Save("C:\\Results.xls", FileFormatType.Default);

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop control does not support to import/export Conditional Formatting at the moment. The feature is only available in Aspose.Cells component. We have logged a ticket for the feature request with an id: CELLSNET-29869. We will look into it later on.

Also:
Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.Worksheet sh = sheet;
Since Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop are different components (one is control and other is library) and have different and their own architectures and attributes, so the conversion is not possible.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am just doing a follow up on CELLSNET-29869.

Regards

Staggga

Hi,

We will start working on to support conditional formattings for GridDesktop control in this week, it might take 2 weeks time or more time to complete the feature. Once it is done, we will notify you here.

Thank you.

Dear Aspose,

Looking forward to this! Also require it. I hope your implementation will be efficient, we have thousands of lines that need to have conditional formatting applied to ± 30 000 rows. Excel does it poorly - completely hangs for several minutes. Spreadsheetgear does it very well! but lacks many of your features. So we would like to change to Aspose & Aspose.GridDesktop.

Kind regards,
Earl

Hi,

We have logged your requirements in our database and we will keep these things in mind while implementing the new features and update you here asap.

Hi,

Can you please give me an update on this issue. We urgently need this feature.

Thanks

Stagga

Hi,

I am afraid, it is not completed yet. Once it is completed, we will provide the supported version here.

Keep in touch.

thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest fixed version of Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v2.6.4.2002, we have supported Conditional formatting (currently only
supported in the style of Excel 2003) in GridDesktop. The Excel 2007 advanced conditional formatting styles would supported later on.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please find attached the sample application on how to use/apply conditional formatting using GridDesktop control.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29869) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.