Conditional multi level list numbering is wrong for pdf output

Hi,

I attached a small doc template with my problem.

There is a top level list with the numbers 1 to 3. Every list contains a sub list.
The first sub list has conditional entries (the condition values were filled while mail merge).

The sub list numbering works correct for doc output. It shows:

For pdf output the numbering in the first sub list is wrong:

I simple converted the doc template with the following code to pdf:

Document doc = new Document("d:\second_level_list_numbering_in.doc");
doc.save("d:\second_level_list_numbering_out.doc", SaveFormat.DOC);
doc.save("d:\second_level_list_numbering_out.pdf", SaveFormat.PDF);

Is this a bug in Aspose.Words for Java?

I am using Version 10.8.0.0 with Microsoft Word 2010.

I also tried the latest Version 11.11.0.0 but the issue isn’t solved.

Thanks
Tobias

Hi,

Today I tried

document.updateListLabels()

but the numbering remains broken.

Is there any other method I can call to make the list numbering work for pdf output?

Thanks for your reply

Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.11.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7688. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

I have found an other solution for my problem based on this link.

I used two SET-fields (one for each list level) with initial value 0 at the beginning of the document. The second level variable is reset to 0 for each second level list. The values of the variables are shown with a REF-field. Inside the true-part of every IF-field the second level variable is incremented with a SET-field containing a FORMULA-field with the calculation.

I must also upgrade to Aspose.Words for Java Version 13 to make this solution work.

I attached my solution as an example.

Best regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the additional information. Regarding WORDSNET-7688, our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. Currently, we are implementing the fix to this problem and will let you know once it is resolved.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7688) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.