Configuring barcode for reporting services demo

Hi I’m trying to configure Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 to work with the barcode for reporting services tool but am running into some problems. The only RSReportDesigner.config file on my machine is in “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Report Designer” so I added the Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll to this directory and edited the config files in this directory per the instructions. However when I try to open my project I get an error message: “The configuration file RSReportDesigner.config could not be loaded. The Report Server has encountered a configuration error; more details in the log files”

I also tried creating the .config files in the “program files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\commons7\ide\PrivateAssemblies” directory but the bar code component option is not available to add.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Visual Studio Configuration - Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services

Hi Kyle,

I am sorry but Visual Studio 2003 does not support the development of reports. You need to get Visual Studio 2005 or later for this.

Infact, the Business Intelligence Development Studio (that comes with the SQL server) integrates with Visual Studio 2005 to support rdl development.

Hi Saqib,

You are incorrect about this. VS 2003 supports the development of reports just fine. However, when we try to add Barcode to the Toolbox using the only instructions provided on the website, it does not work....I get a similar error to Kyle's. There must be something different we can add to the config files to get this working. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

-Jason

Hi Jason,

You are right that VS 2003 supports developing reports on SQL 2000 if the MS SQL 2000 Reporting Service package had been installed.

But unfortunately when working with VS 2003 and SQL2000, design time feature will not be supported, that's because of the Microsoft products lack of supports for such feature, we are not allow to make a customer report item with design time support, so when we try to add barcode control into the toolbox it will always failed.

And more details about using Aspose.BarCode in VS2003 + SQL 2000,the behavior is very difference to SQL2005, it needs extra coding and setting while developing reports. Considering these limitations in VS2003 and SQL 2000, we include the SQL2000 reports function inside the Aspose.BarCode for .NET rather than Aspose.BarCode for Reporting service. I will attach a quick start document for using BarCode in VS2003 and SQL 2000 tomorrow, it will show how to rendering barcodes and what’s the "big difference" from SQL2005.

Thanks

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi,

Please refers the article below for details