Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Confused about TextBoxes

Hello,

We have recently just purchased Aspose.Cells, and we are trying to utilise the Textboxes funtionality, but it not seems to work.

We have an excel document that created using MS Excel which contains a number of textboxes on a worksheet.
I wanted to use Aspose.Cells to open the workbook and read the contents for each textbox in each worksheet, but this does not work, the TextBoxes.Count is always zero.
I am thinking now that the Textboxes collection only contains textboxes crested using Aspose.Cells, which is not much good to us.
Is there any chance that you can implement something that allows us to read the content from each textbox in the original workbook created using MS Excel?
We have no need to write back to the textboxes, it is purely read only functionality we are after.

Hope you can help.

Hi,

We will add your desired functionality very soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards

Amjad Sahi

Aspose Nanjing Team

Great, thanks, I will look forward to it.

Can you give a ball park time frame, that i can pass on to my manager, e.g. 1 month, 6 months, etc..?

thanks again this functioanlity will be greatly appreicated

Full control over textboxes in template file is complex because it relates to other drawing objects. However, readonly textbox will be much easier. It will take about 3-4 weeks to make it and we will try to make it ASAP.

Thats great news.