We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Considering Aspose.Cells for .NET

We're looking into using Aspose.Cells for the .NET platform. We need to make sure that the following things are supported before we can move forward.

1) External data sources (SQL and OLAP) for Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts (without manually importing the datasets into the worksheet. i.e. it should be able to setup the connection string for the pivot cache and a pivot table should be able to be created from that pivot cache)

2) Ability to drill down Pivot Tables in a custom way based upon the data hierarchy in the Pivot Table.

3) Can manage macros in the workbook

4) Supports Excel 2007

Please let me know if Aspose.Cells can meet these requirements and especially in the cases of #1 and #2 if there are any working code examples that I can review.

Thanks

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please check the replies for your queries an under,

JoeKa:

1) External data sources (SQL and OLAP) for Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts (without manually importing the datasets into the worksheet. i.e. it should be able to setup the connection string for the pivot cache and a pivot table should be able to be created from that pivot cache).

This feature is not supported but user can import datasets to worksheets and then create pivot tables and pivot charts from it. We will look into it this feature in our future release.

JoeKa:

2) Ability to drill down Pivot Tables in a custom way based upon the data hierarchy in the Pivot Table.

Yes, Aspose.Cells support this feature. Please see the following link:

https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Pivot+Tables

JoeKa:

3) Can manage macros in the workbook

Aspose.Cells does not allow to manipulate the macros in a workbook but it preserves the macros (if present) in a template workbook.

JoeKa:

4) Supports Excel 2007

Yes, Aspose.Cells does support MS Excel 2007 formats e.g., XLSX, XLSM, XLTM, XLTX, CSV, PDF, HTML etc. check the documentation topics for your reference:

Loading, Saving, Converting and Managing

Converting Excel Workbook to PDF

Thank You & Best Regards,