Constructing a table of contents

I’m trying to build a document and I need a table of contents. I can’t use the built-in word TOC because I need to save as PDF and my users will be confused by needing to press F9 to recalculate the TOC. They also can’t use macros.
Two questions…

1. Is there any way to get the “current” page number a section starts on?
  2. If I want the page numbers to be correct after a user edits the document and inserts or deletes, is there a way of automatically getting the page number; Can I use { PAGEREF Bookmark } automation in my hand-constructed table of contents to get the right page number automatially inserted? Will these page numbers be automatically updated when the document is opened or printed via ASPOSE to PDF?

Any other suggections?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. The next version of Aspose.Words will support updating TOC fields. So you will be able to insert and update TOC field using Aspose.Words. The next version will be released within 3-4 weeks. You will be notified.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,
Thanks for doing needful,aspose.word playes a key role in my project, i would be very greatful to you if we can achieve this toc update as early as possible.please let us all know this great feature which would help all of us to great extent.

Regards
Raghu
Senior Software Engineer,
GlobalData,
India

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10380) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(8)