Content Control

Is there a way to insert content control?
Thanks.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no way to insert Content Controls in to a document using Aspose.Words. Aspose.Words does not support Structured Document Tags (content controls) yet. This is the issue #4295 in our defect database.
Best regards.

How about locating content controls in a document then? Is that possible?

There is also no way to find Content Controls in the document at the moment.

Best regards.

That’s truly unfortunate.
Can you suggest what your tool can do to help me? I have a master document with content controls that I need to replace with another document.
So for example, in the master document I have a content control, that has a specific tag. I have a second child document and I need to merge the child document to replace this content control.
This doesn’t have to be done in one pass. It is possible for me to append the child document arbitrary to resolve all the images/styles/etc, and then unzip the combined document and massage document.xml and move the content appropriately. What’s not clear to me now is how I can tell the start and end of the appended child document.
Do you have any suggestions?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. As a workaround, you can use bookmarks as a placeholders instead of Content Controls. Please see the following link to learn how to insert one document into another:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/insert-and-append-documents/
Best regards.

Hi Rocky,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words still does not support Structured Document Tags (Content Controls). We plan to support this feature. We will let you know once this feature is available.
This feature is not implemented yet because there are a lot of other important features we have to work on. I added your request into my monthly report; this should push the issue up in the priority list.
Best regards.

Hi,

Any news on this feature? It’s also critical for my needs.

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words still does not support Structured Document Tags (Content Controls). Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once there is some progress with this feature.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4295) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(54)