Content controls values not saved to pdf

using latest words build v10 and pdf v5.3. have docx with content controls and need to save as pdf. documentation sates this is supported as of words v9.4. the pdfs are printed with text values of the content controls NOT the custom xml part values. Please help. following is the code used to save as pdf

Dim fs As FileStream = File.Create("ccDoc.docx")
streamWordDocCC.WriteTo(fs)
fs.Flush()
fs.Close()
Dim lo As Aspose.Words.LoadOptions = New Aspose.Words.LoadOptions()
lo.LoadFormat = Aspose.Words.LoadFormat.Docx
doc = New Aspose.Words.Document("ccDoc.docx", lo)
doc.Save("ccPdf.pdf", Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf)

Hi
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your document here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

please see attached docx and resulting pdf
thanks in advance for your help

Hello
Thank you for reporting this problem to us and for the additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

Andrey,
Thanks for prompt service on this. Any idea how quickly this issue can be resolved. Also, would you send us a patch or we have to wait for next release? This one is high priority for us and needs to be resolved soon. Thanks.

Hello
Thanks for your request. At the moment this issue is pending for analysis. The responsible developer will analyze the issue and we will be able to provide you an estimate.
Please note, all fixes and new features are added to new versions of Aspose.Words.
Aspose.Words releases are published every 4-5 weeks. But I cannot promise you that the fix of this issue will be included to the next one.
Best regards,

Is there any updates on this issue? I’m running into the same problem… namely, Aspose.Words is not respecting the custom xml that is bound to the content control.

Please advise…

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your request. unfortunately, the issue reports in this thread is not resolve yet. But could you please attach your testing document here for testing? We should make sure you have the same problem as reported here.
Best regards,

Alexey,

thanks for the quick reply. Attached are the original Word file and the resulting pdf after conversion. The content controls in the Word file are driven by custom XML parts in the OpenXML package.

If you can produce a version of Aspose.Words that can convert this document appropriately, you’ll have a new customer.

Thanks,
KB

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for additional information. You are right, you encountered the same problem as mentioned in this thread. We will notify you once it is resolved.
Best regards,

Alexey,

perhaps you could recommend another strategy that would work with the current product if I share our use case.

Our users set up their own templates using Word for proposal automation. We have an add-in the facilitate this, whereby the user adds content controls in the portions of the documents that will change based on the proposal. In a simple case, imagine that the saleman name, address, phone number, and the product price changes.

Our software utilizes the content controls in word to bind to custom xml. We swap out the custom xml with the new values when the user requests a new proposal. Obviously, our users want their files in PDF, and therein lies the problem for us.

Is there another way to go about this? Does Aspose.Words have a concept similar to the content control that can act as a placeholder that we later replace with the real content all using Aspose.Words?

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your request. I think, you can use Mail Merge to achieve what you need. In this case, merge fields are used as placeholders. Then you can easily replace merge fields with values using Aspose.Words:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/types-of-mail-merge-operations/
Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Hi,

Has the functionality for the content control values to be included in the PDF export been added yet? I’ve just downloaded and installed v11.1.0 and this still seems to be an issue.

If you can fix this, I’ll buy your software.

Hi Kevin,

I would like to share with you that our team has investigated this issue in detail. It is going to take some time before this issue is resolved. I would also like to add that we always try to analyse and fix any issues the earliest possible. Nevertheless, sometimes there are certain unique scenarios and issues which can’t be resolved quickly.

I hope you understand and we really appreciate your cooperation.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4678) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)