Content-description on attachments

Is there any way to return the content-description from the header for an attachment on a message? I see you can return the content-disposition (ContentDisposition.) off of the Attachment object.

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

Aspose.Email provides the capability to parse headers and these can be searched for the corresponding header if available. Otherwise, the ContentDisposition of the Attachment object is the only place where this information is available. Could you please share a sample message file with us for our analysis? We shall check it and assist you further.

Here you go–I zipped up an EML file with an attachment. If you open in a text editor and search for “attachment” there will be a header with a Content-Disposition and Content-Description.

Hi Stacey,

I have analyzed the requirement and searched the documentation for accessing the “Content-Description” but could not find any option. I am afraid that Aspose.Email does not provide any feature to access the required information.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.

Would you consider it as an enhancement request?

Thanks

Hi Stacey,

We have examined the provided sample file and the header information doesn’t contain any such information about attachments. Usually, the transport header doesn’t have any such information about attachments and, hence, it can’t be retrieved from this field. Please share your feedback if you have any further query about this.

This isn’t on the mail header but on the header area for the attachment. When I open the message in a text editor, I see the following directory above the base64 string for the attachment:

010_A83640D20D0D8E4D89823106865F807C0F7B40DFABEXCHairdberli
Content-Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;
name="Microsystems (2).DOCX"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Description: Microsystems.DOCX
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=“Microsystems (2).DOCX”;
size=22115; creation-date=“Mon, 07 Oct 2013 15:21:51 GMT”;
modification-date=“Mon, 07 Oct 2013 15:22:01 GMT”

Hi Stacey,

I have logged it as enhancement ticket in our issue tracking system under id:EMAILNET-34865 for further analysis by the product team. I shall write here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

Please feel free to write us any other query in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34865) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.