Content not retrieved from PPT

Hi there

I have a PPT file I’m trying to retrieve content from, but the content on the 15th slide seems to be missing.
I have examined the content of the slide - it contains a picture frame and two rectangles, but none of them contain the text I am looking for. The text in question is

"Major Terrestrial Biomes
Geographic distribution of biomes are dependent on temperature, precipitation, altitude and latitude
Weather patterns dictate the type of plants that will dominate an ecosystem"

I also noticed that the slide is numbered 15 in PowerPoint, but appears as the last slide in the Aspose.Slides.Presentation slide list.

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

1) I used the following code:

Presentation pres = new Presentation("d:\\ppt\\eric\\climate_change.ppt");

ITextBox[] tb = PresentationScanner.GetAllTextBoxes(pres.GetSlideByPosition(15));

for (int i = 0; i < tb.Length; i++)

foreach (Paragraph para in tb[i].Paragraphs)

foreach (Portion port in para.Portions)

Response.Write(port.Text+"
");

and got the following as output:

Major Terrestrial Biomes
Geographic
distribution of biomes are dependent on temperature, precipitation, altitude and latitude
Weather patterns dictate the type of plants that will dominate an ecosystem

faculty.southwest.tn.edu/. ../ES%20%20we16.jpg

2) You should use GetSlideByPosition() in order to access the slides in correct order as Presentation.Slides may have incorrect index by design of PPT (not an Aspose limitation, rather PowerPoint 2003 limitation) .

Hi Muhammad

Thanks for your reply - I’ll try GetSlideByPosition() instead. Does that integer parameter to that function have to have a value >= 1?

Can I ask what type of shape contains that text? I am checking for TextFrames, Rectangles, AutoShapes, GroupShapes, Lines,PictureFrames and Tables but I still can’t figure out what contains it?

Eric

Hi Eric,

1) GetSlideByPosition() should always have values >=1.

2) It is a TextHolder.