Contextual spacing in word->PDF

When creating a PDF version of a Word document with convertedDoc.CompatibilityOptions.AllowSpaceOfSameStyleInTable set to false, the resulting PDF has incorrect spacing within tables while the Word document is correct. I have attached an example Word and PDF document to this posting. On the first page of the Word document, under “Education”, note that “Bethesda” appears, correctly, under “Catholic University”. However, in the PDF document, there is a space between the two. The same problem exists throughout the document with all the tables. How can I fix this ASAP?

Hi

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

I know this is always difficult, but do you have any idea on the timeframe? We were expecting to release on Thursday, and we need this to work before then. If you think that you won’t be able to address it before then, please let us know so that we can try and plan accordingly.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot promise you anything regarding this issue at the moment. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the issue by then or provide you more information.
Best regards,

Can you suggest a workaround? Some type of re-formatting of the document?

Also, I noticed that if I open the docx file in Word and then save it as a PDF using the Acrobat Professional driver then the resulting PDF is correct, so this seems specific to Aspose’s PDF generation.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Yes, you are right; Aspose.Words uses our own Rendering Engine to convert to PDF, that’s why you can see some differences.
As a workaround please try to set Spacing After to zero for all paragraphs where spacing is incorrect during rendering to PDF.
I sent refactored document to your e-mail.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3004) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.