Control cell link lost

From Excel version 2005 cell links within controls are lost when opening a Excel document generated with Aspose. Opening the same document in Excel version 2003 works fine.

var workBook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(@"c:\temp\TestCellLink.xltm");
        workBook.Save(@"c:\temp\TestCellLink_new.xlsm", Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Xlsm);

image.png (27.9 KB)

I’ve also tested this with the latest version Aspose.Cells 20.6.0.

@Schau,

Please zip your input XLTM and output XLSM files and attach the archive here, we will check your issue soon.

@Amjad_Sahi Here you go.
Files.zip (17.2 KB)

@Schau,

Thanks for the files.

I simply opened your output XLSM file into different MS Excel versions (e.g 2007, 2003, 2010, 2013), all work fine. See the screenshots (attached) for your reference:
sc_shot1_Excel2007.png (65.9 KB)
sc_shot1_Excel2010.png (60.4 KB)
sc_shot1_Excel2013.png (41.1 KB)

Sorry, I’m refering to the Microsoft 365 Office version.
image.png (3.3 KB)

@Schau,

Thanks for the screenshot.

We recently fixed similar issue (where controls data/links were lost on Office 365 (version 2005 Build 12827.20268). We will check if we could include the fix in .NET version as well. Generally fixes included in .NET version are embedded in Java library and vice versa. So, the Java fix should be included in .NET automatically.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@Schau,

Could you please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.6.2:

Aspose.Cells20.6.2 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.6.2 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)

Let us know your feedback.

@Amjad_Sahi I can confirm that it works with v20.6.2.
Thank you very much.

@Schau,

Good to see you back with confirmation. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other queries or comments, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43213) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 20.7. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi