Controlling loading of VBA data using LoadDataFilterOptions

Some .xlsm/.xslb files have extremely large amount of macros (or very, very long macros).
It seems that right now, Aspose Cells will unconditionally load this (meta)data when opening such workbooks.
I would have expected to be able to control this though LoadDataFilterOptions, but it seems that there is no matching flag there.

When we really only need to extract sheet names for a thousands and thousands of workbooks, skipping over such unneeded content would be a benefit, I think.

Can you make loading VbaProject of a workbook conditional, controlled by a LoadDataFilterOptions flag?

Thanks in advance,
Taras

@TarasTielkes,

We have understood your requirement but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for a detailed investigation. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46503 - Controlling loading of VBA data using LoadDataFilterOptions

@TarasTielkes,

Currently for your requirements (i.e., you only need to get name of worksheets), you may try LoadDataFilterOptions.Structure instead to check whether it can give better performance for your needs.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

We are already using the “Structure” option when we are interested in the sheet names only.
However, we are processing very large volumes of data, and any additional performance we can get out of Aspose Cells would be very welcome.

Only in very rare use cases we need the Vba data, so it would make sense to be able to instruct Aspose Cells to not load and process that part of the workbook.

@TarasTielkes,

Does LoadDataFilterOptions.Structure also loads Vba codes/data? Does it not fit your needs? Could you elaborate what kind of data filter option you want for Vba data, we will check it soon.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

Yes, when using LoadDataFilterOptions.STRUCTURE, the VBA data is loaded as well.
I think it would make sense to have a new LoadDataFilterOptions member for VBA, and make it so that LoadDataFilterOptions.STRUCTURE does not load VBA.

Kind regards,
Taras

@TarasTielkes,

Thanks for providing further details.

I have logged your details and concerns against the issue into our database. We will evaluate the original/demanded feature and try to implement it (if possible) as per your requirements.

@TarasTielkes,

This is to inform you that we will provide new option as LoadDataFilterOptions.VBA for your requirement (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46503”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.12. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi