Conversion Issues when Saving the PowerPoint Presentations to PDF in C#

Hello,

I am evaluating Aspose.Slides .NET 18.4 and have encountered some issues with some of our sample Powerpoint files when converting to PDF.

I have included a PPTX file that includes samples of the following issues, each on a single slide:

• bullet symbols not correct in the PDF, this may be a font substitution issue?
  • character wrapping is incorrect; I believe this is a font substitution issue, please confirm.
  • transparent pattern fills not transparent
  • 3D shapes in flow chart become flat in the PDF
  • text shadow effect not the correct color

Sample PPTX: ConversionIssues.zip (75.6 KB)

Another older sample file, FillStylesOfficeXP.zip (24.1 KB), has issues with the gradient fill in the Preset Fill 80%-0% area on slide 3.

Other issues I have encountered are:

• no support for images/logos in PICT format, get text place holder in resulting PDF file.
  • in older PPT files, shapes containing equations do not retain the correct color in the PDF.
  • A puzzle shape on one page is drawn incorrectly.

In the above three cases, I tried to create a smaller sample PPT to send but copying the shapes to a new PPT elimininated the issue. If you would like the sample files for the last three issues, let me know.

Thanks,

Sheri

@sheri_steeves,

I have observed your comments. I request you to please share source files for other three issues as well so that we can investigate issues and help you out.

@Adnan.Ahmad,

Here are the other sample files:

No support for images/logos in PICT format, get text place holder in resulting PDF file:
PICTImagesNotSupportedInPDF.zip (2.6 MB)

in older PPT files, shapes containing equations (starts at slide 6) do not retain the correct color in the PDF.
Slide6EquationsAreIncorrectColorInPDF.zip (2.3 MB)

A puzzle shape on slide 5 is drawn incorrectly.
Slide5PuzzleShapeIncorrectInPDF.zip (288.7 KB)

Thanks,

Sheri

@sheri_steeves ,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have observed following issues and have added them in our issue tracking system respectively.

• SLIDESNET-40107: Font Issue
  • SLIDESNET-40108: Transparency
  • SLIDESNET-40109: 3D shapes issue
  • SLIDESNET-40110: Fill Pattern Issue
  • SLIDESNET-40111: Puzzle Shape issue
  • SLIDESNET-40112: Equation Issue
  • SLIDESNET-40113: PICT Image

This thread has been linked with these issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-40108,SLIDESNET-40111) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-40109,SLIDESNET-40107) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.12 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.