Conversion of PDF to PDF/a paragraph justification lost

Hi Team,

I am having an issue when converting a PDF document to PDF/a 2A. I am using version 11.1.1.0 of pdf.Net for the conversion.

I am using the following code from the samples:

Document pdfDocument = new Document(inputFilename);
pdfDocument.Convert(outputFilename + “.log.xml”, PdfFormat.PDF_A_2A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
dfDocument.Optimize();
pdfDocument.Save(outputFilename);

I have tried this both with and without the Optimize function, but there was no visible difference in the justification of the PDF/a document, although the file size was greatly reduced.

Attached is the PDF File I used for the source as well as the converted target. You will notice that on the paragraphs that appear on pages of the PDF Document are justified but on the PDF/a the paragraphs are not.

Please help in resolving this issue

Hi Jan,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue that text justification is lost when converting PDF file to PDF/A format. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-40131 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Is there any update on this issue?

Hi Jan,

Thanks for contacting support.

As we recently have noticed this problem, so its pending fore review as the team has been busy fixing other previously reported high priority issues. However the team will surely considering investigating/fixing this problem as per their schedule and as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.