Conversion of PPTX to image throws ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Dear Suprita,

Your observation is right. I tried to share a possible work around method with you to achieve the thumbnail of smaller dimension as compare to original slide size. In case of PPT, you have the option to set the dimension of the thumbnail as well. You may try that as well. But my feeling is that if your text is of smaller font then definitely it will be reduced. Like in case of 125x125 image you scaled to 17% in X and 23% in Y direction w.r.t original slide size. Please try using following code snippet by converting to PPT. But I feel the results will be same as before, since the text may be too small to be accommodated in the scaled down image.

Img= slide.getThumbnail(new Dimension(125,125));

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

I have done the same steps for presentation, but for presentationEx object this is not possible.
The slide received from presentationEx object is of type slideEx and this object doesn’t have thumbnail with dimension.

Regards,
Suprita

Dear Suprita,

You are right, SlideEx.getThumbnail() method in PPTX does not generate thumbnail with dimension and that is why I shared the work around method with you. However, the Presentation.getThumbnail() is capable of generating the slide thumbnail with dimension. Please visit this link for necessary details.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

If the ppt or pptx object contains images/charts then the thumbnail generated is not proper.
Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,
Suprita

Dear Suprita,

As I have shared in my earlier posts that the chart rendering support is currently unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java. An issue with ID 18998 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide this feature support. This thread has already been linked with the mentioned issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the feature is available. Secondly, the image rendering is supported in Aspose.Slides for Java. Have you tried generating a PNG format slide image as well. Please share the problematic presentation with us, if you still encounter improper slide thumbnail.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-18998) have been fixed in this update.