We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Conversion of table creates new line inside table

Hi,

We're currently using a VB script to open the document in Word and use its "Save As" to convert it to PDF. This is not a very good solution. I'm testing Aspose to see if its outcomes match what we get with the hope to switch to Aspose completely.

I have so far been happy with the results, but have come across the following difference.

I've got this document that contains a table with text inside it that has expanded character spacing. In my tests I use Aspose to convert this document to rtf, doc & pdf.

Simple code:

com.aspose.words.Document doc = new com.aspose.words.Document(file.getAbsolutePath());
doc.save("output.pdf");

In the resulting doc & pdf files, the text inside the table is rendered across two lines inside the table, instead of the same line. Could you explain this?

I've fiddled around with settings of the font and the table properties and by changing either
- table properties - table - options - automatically resize to fit contents
OR
- table properties - row - allow row to break across pages

it will render correctly.

Thing is, regardless of me being able to fiddle with documents, I shouldn't have to; the Aspose conversion didn't render it the same as the original input file.

If you could give me some advice I would appreciate it.

In the attachment I have all the input files for each case in a seperate directory:

--- orig ---
1. letter_orig.tmp - this is the input file
2. asposeSave_* - Aspose conversions
3. wDocBranded* - our VB script conversion

--- nobreak --
This is with unticked: table property - row - allow row to break across pages
1. letter* - input
2. aspose* - aspose conversion

--- noautoresize --
This is the original with only unticked: table property - table - options - automatically resize to fit contents
(same file layout as the others)

There are two .png files that is screenshots of these settings.

Regards,
Eugene

Hi Eugene,


Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario (~/asposequestion/orig/asposeSave_orig.rtf => PDF conversion) and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13060. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13060) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.3.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.3.0 update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.