Conversion to pdf fails for docx files containing control nodes

Hi,

we are generating docx files (using java code) which are converted to pdf (using aspose). The conversion to pdf fails when the docx file contains control nodes. Docx files without control nodes are converted correctly (by aspose).

When the docx file with control nodes is opened and saved using Word and then converted to pdf by aspose the result is correct.

The generated docx file and the generated + saved docx file are binary different but they both are displayed identically by Word.

How can we fix the conversion problem?
What further information do you need?
I can send you the docx files but I do not want to publish them, because they contain customer data.

We have purchased a aspose license.

Regards
Ulrich Straub

Hi Ulrich,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the document and code. We need your document and code to reproduce the problem on our end. Please note that it is safe to attach files in the forum. If you attach your document here, only you and Aspose staff members can download it. Also you can send the file to my e-mail as described here:

We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi,

it is likely that this problem is not a problem with aspose but a problem of the docx file to be converted to pdf.

When opening the docx in LibreOffice it is displayed not correctly. For example the template fields contain the field names instead of empty values.

In MSWord only the modfied fields contain the entered values and the non-modified fields contain empty values (as expected).

This means the docx file itself is wrong.
Please close the problem.

Thanks
Ulrich Straub

Hi Ulrich,

Thanks for the additional information. In case you have further inquires or need any help, please let us know.

Best regards,