Conversion to TIF results in very large file size

We are using ASPOSE.PDF.KIT to convert a PDF file to TIF. It works fine, but the resulting TIF file is very large. A one-page document using resolution setting of 125 creates a file about 450KB. Considering the number of files we convert, that file size would fill up our storage 5 times more quickly than the software we are currently using for TIF conversion. If we reduce the resolution, the text on the TIF becomes hard to read. Is there anything else we can do to help reduce the file size, such as making the TIF black & white? Below is the code snippet we are using to do the conversion. Thank you.

converter.BindPdf(SourceFilePath)

converter.DoConvert()

converter.Resolution = 125 'Default resolution is 150

converter.SavaAsTIFF(ResultFilePath)

By the way, the version of ASPOSE.PDF.KIT does not have the SaveAsTIFF method. We only get the "SavAAsTIFF" method.

Hello Ivan,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Please try using the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit 3.3.0.0 as it contains the method named SaveAsTIFF(). The size of the resultant TIFF is based over the input Pdf file. Please share the resource Pdf file so that we can test the issue at our end.

Thank you for your response. Attached is the source PDF, which is 11KB. I have also attached the output TIF file, which turned out to be 350KB. I understand that TIF files are naturally larger than PDF. But we would very much like to keep the resulting TIF file below 100 KB if possible while still keeping the text on the document easy to read.

Thank you!

Hi,

I have discussed with our other developers and logged it as PDFKITNET-6789 in our issue tracking system. We will try to support new method to reduce the resultant TIF file size but, I am afraid that we could not improve this feature in short time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6789) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.