Convert Doc to PDF in MOSS 2007

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Please see the following link

Maybe solution described there will resolve your problem.

Best regards.

maybe I am getting closer. I now am getting an error “CE_OTHER_BLOCKLIST”, which i think means that the converter did not generate an output file. When I run the application in debug mode with the same input file, a pdf is generated. Any ideas? I really appreciate your help on this. thanks

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Maybe there is some problem with document you are trying to convert. Could you please attach your document for testing?

Best regards.

attached is my test file, which is just some text with a picture, although I’ve tried it with and without the picture with the same result.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. You document works fine on my side. So I guess the something wrong with configuration on your side. Have you tried using FileMon?

Best regards.

I rebuilt my solution with new guids, updated my batch file to make sure the latest exe was copied to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\TransformApps directory, and I was finally successful. Sharepoint just likes to punish those who try to do customization - if it is not perfect the first time it likes to give you nothing in the way of meaningful messages so that you can fix one of the bajillion moving parts that must be in sync for it to work. When you have banged you head enough against the wall long enough, it will relent and let you find the right combination to get it working. Or at least that is the way it seems at times. thanks for your assistance. Dan

Hi

It is nice that all works fine now. Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding Aspose.Words, I will be glad to help you.

Best regards.

Hi!

We are delighted to announce the availability of Aspose.Words for SharePoint, which is our latest addition to the Aspose.Words product family.

This release, Aspose.Words for SharePoint 1.0 makes high quality document conversions for DOC/DOCX/ODT/RTF/PDF/XPS and others easily accessible to SharePoint users.

Please find more details in our Documentation area.