Convert Doc to PDF issue. Chart with external Excel link

Hi,

I have an issue, when I call Save to Pdf method
doc.Save(pdfStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf)
application just hang.

Seems issue that Word document has Chart object that linked to missed external file
image.png (1.9 KB)

Also, I didn’t find how to ‘Break links’ from code

Word saves to PDF format this file correctly. (I suppose it takes chart data from internal snapshot)
Please advise

@kbk,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Here it is :
myDoc1.zip (28.5 KB)

FYI: chart that cause the error - links to Excel file on shared drive.

@kbk,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-16090. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks @tahir.manzoor .
Is there any workaround ? Is it possible to break external files links from code?

@kbk,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no workaround available for this issue. We will inform you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@kbk,

Thanks for your patience. We have tested again the same scenario at Windows 7, Visual Studio 2015, and .NET Framework 4.0. We have not found the shared issue using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 17.10. Please try Aspose.Words for .NET 17.10. We have attached the output PDF with this post for your kind reference. 17.10.pdf (36.0 KB)

Could you please share your working environment e.g. operating system, .NET Framework, Visual Studio version etc? We will investigate the issue on the same environment and provide you more information about your issue. Thanks for your cooperation.

@tahir.manzoor

.Net 4.5
Win 10
Visual Studio 2017

Note: I use saving to stream

Also, what about:

@kbk,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We managed to reproduce this issue on Windows 10 using Visual Studio 2015 and .NET framework 4.5.2. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@kbk,
The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16090) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.12 update.
Please also check the following articles: