Convert Epub containing SVG to PDF?

Good day,

Can epub containing either SVG or MathML get converted properly to PDF? Preferably SVG?

I could not see options or sample that allowed me to get SVG to appear in converted file.

thanks,
MarcM

Good day, we are looking for alternative to calibre to convert epub document to pdf. I downloaded the evaluation copy which won’t allow converting none simple epub. I get exception “At most 4 text fragments can be added in evaluation mode.”
Who should I contact to get a temporary license to do a useful evaluation?

thanks,

Hi Marc,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please follow the instructions specified over Get a temporary license.

Should you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Good day,

I finally have time to evaluate.

Can epub containing either SVG or MathML get converted properly to PDF? Preferably SVG?

I could not see options or sample that allowed me to get SVG to appear in converted file.

thanks,
MarcM

Hi Marc,

During the conversion, the contents of ePUB are rendered inside PDF file. In case you are encountering any issue, we request you to please share the input file, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello MarcM,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I will appreciate if you please share your epub file. It will help us to understand your requirement exactly and address it accordingly.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Hello and thanks for the reply,

Let me explain a bit more. By default we may have to convert epub that contains mathml.

Is this something you support? If not I can manipulate the document to convert the content to commonhtml, svg or pnd.

if you cannot answer this question I will produce 3 different epub. one with unconverted mathml, one with svg and one with png so you can test.

thanks,
Marc Melancon

Good day,

I include 4 different epubs

1 document with math nodes but no mathjax.js inclusion in case your tool does that when it detects math nodes.
2 document with math node swith script inclusion of MathJax.js
3 document with math nodes transformed as SVG
4 document with math nodes transformed as svg img

If you compare epub content and pdf result you will notice that when converting the first two files it retain some text.

SVG and SVG Img nodes are lost in pdf.

Hope this helps resolving the issue.

Marc

Good day,

if you look at the other post from me “Convert Epub containing SVG to PDF?” you will see the last post where I left 4 different flavor of the epub.

Hope this will help find a solution.

Marc

Hello Marc,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the problem that EPUB containing SVG or MathML is not being converted properly. For further investigation and rectification I have logged 4 separate tickets PDFNET-42249, PDFNET-42254, PDFNET-42255, PDFNET-42256 for each EPUB file in our issue tracking system.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing the details.

As both threads explain same scenarios, so I am going to merge them together.