Convert from DOC to PDF and allow to sign

Hi all,

I want to convert word to pdf and then allow the user to sign the PDF-document. In older versions you could convert from word to pdf via a so called AsposePDF with the following code:

Document doc = new Document(docPath); 
doc.Save(strFilePathXml, SaveFormat.AsposePdf); 
Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf(); 
pdf.BindXML(strFilePathXml, null); 
pdf.Save(pdfPath);

I’ve seen that in newer versions is a way to set privileges at pdf, I think to set IsFormFillingAllowed to true is the way I have to go… But I really see no way to save the file like decribing above.

I attached a PNG to show what privilege I mean. Sorry, it’s in German, I hope you could understand it because the structure of Acrobat Reader in English is similar to that (think in english it’s: file --> properties --> Security --> Sign == not allowed)

I will be very pleased if anybody can help me… TIA

Svenja

Hello, thank you for your inquiry.
It seems that you are using an older version of our product. In the new version there is no need to translate the document into an intermediate format for subsequent conversion to pdf.

That such a code will create a simple pdf document:

License license = new License();
license.SetLicense("Aspose.Words.lic");
Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder documentBuilder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
documentBuilder.Writeln("Hello Pdf!");
doc.Save("E:\\out.pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf);

You can manage an opportunity to sign the document using the class PdfEncryptionDetails.

Document doc = new Document(); 
DocumentBuilder documentBuilder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
documentBuilder.Writeln("Hello Pdf!");
PdfSaveOptions opt = new PdfSaveOptions();
PdfEncryptionDetails encryptionDetails = new PdfEncryptionDetails(string.Empty, "123", PdfEncryptionAlgorithm.RC4_128)
{
    Permissions = PdfPermissions.FillIn | PdfPermissions.DocumentAssembly
};
opt.EncryptionDetails = encryptionDetails;
doc.Save("E:\\out.pdf", opt);

You also can sign your document, please see an example here: https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.saving/pdfdigitalsignaturedetails/

New version of Aspose.Words 9.7.0.0 you can download it here: https://downloads.aspose.com/words/net

Regarding your question. Most likely you are using Adobe Reader. Sign documents allow only in the professional version (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro.html).

Hope this helps.

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I tried your suggested code but it doesn’t work for me. First thing is that without giving a password I will not be asked for that so that I give also a password for ordinary users.

Second is that I still have the same settings for my file.

I attached again a picture. There you can see the settings I want to have and also the settings with that I signed a PDF-file in Adobe Reader. Perhaps I have to change some other permissions or anything else?

TIA

Svenja

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Most probably, this option is enabled by some combination of other options because even if set PdfPermissions.AllowAll this option is disabled. So could you please attach a sample document where this option is enabled and specify which version of Adobe PDF Reader you use? We will check the document and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

attached is a PDF-document: as you can see there is a signing field that is created with Acrobat Reader X in German.

It would be great if you could help me and thanks for your really kind help.

Regards

Svenja

Hello,

Thank you for additional information.
As I mentioned earlier, from standard version of Acrobat Reader is not possible to create a digital signature. We can only sign a document which is have unsigned signature field. Please see this post here. There is an answer to your question. You need to use the Pro version.

Hi,

please look at the attached document in my last post, there you can see the settings I need. The signing was made with Acrobat Reader, I’m pretty sure. Yes, the settings where changed with Pro but now I want to do it with your DLL, I don’t think that I have had installed Acrobat in any way to use it, isn’t it so?

In the post before my last one, Alexey Noskov asked me for a document that has got the settings I need, so that he could look what I have to do to set right settings.

TIA Svenja

A little bit about your document. I think you’re using the Pro version to insert the unsigned signature field. And now, when you have such a field, you can sign a document using the standard version of Acrobat Reader. Now in Aspose.Words is not possible to add an unsigned signature fields. You can sign document, you can control the possibility of signing. Please confirm that I understand you correctly. If so, I’ll create a request for new functionality.

No, as I said I created a document with Pro. The settings allow me to insert a signing field and to sign. I didn’t insert a signing field.

After opening the document with Reader I inserted a signing field and then I am able to sign. But only if I created the document with Pro not with your DLL.

TIA Svenja

I have investigated your question. It seems that we do not support this functionality yet. This feature called “Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader”. You was right, after enabling this function document could be signed by standard version of Adobe Reader. Sorry for incomprehension.
I will create appropriate issue in our codebase. When this feature be developed you will be notified immediatly.

Super! Very nice of you.

I can’t remember that I ever had such a good support.

Thanks

Svenja

Is this option available now in Aspose.Words?

if not, waiting time?

Thanks.

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately this issue is still in process of analyzing. And I cannot give you any estimate at the moment. Our developers will analyze the issue and then we will be able to provide you more information.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4541) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)