Convert from Word to PDF

Dear Aspose team,

We are using aspose to convert and merge documents from a web solution, and now some of our customers are really mad (again) because some doc files are not properly converted to pdf..

This is the code (simplyfied, we have tried many different options..):

"--

Dim Doc As Aspose.Words.Document = New Aspose.Words.Document(objStream)

Doc.Save(docToPDFStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf)

..."

The problem is shown in the attached documents (.doc and .pdf result). The problem is a pie chart object. Some parts of the piechart is missing, and the color are not correct.

(We also tried to convert using aspose.pdf.bindxml, but the problem is that the pagebreaks are different from the original, and the resulting pdf file becomes 10 times as big, so that was not an option. But then the pie chart was correct..)

Please help!!

Kind Regards,

Henning, OSLO

Hi Henning,

I reproduced the issue you reported and logged it in our defect database. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

While investigating this issue I figured out that the pie chart is a WMF image. I tried to convert this WMF image to raster image (PNG) and replaced the original WMF piechart with the PNG image. In this case after converting the document the pie chart is displayed in the output PDF correctly. I would suggest you to follow the same steps as a workaround.

Thanks,

Thank you for your quick response,

I'm afraid I can not do any workarounds, because our customers are using this system from many different locations around the world. I hope you can make a hot fix as soon as possible..

Kind Regards,

Henning

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16742) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.