Convert HTML with Flex Grid Display Style Attributes to PDF using C# .NET | CSS 3 or CSS 2.1 Compatibility

Hi,

I’m new to Aspose. But, I wanted to confirm if any progress has been made from the above posts.

Has there been an update for CSS 2.1 or CSS 3 compatibility with Aspose.Words for .NET?

I’m generating a PDF using Aspose.Words for .NET version 18, but the output doesn’t look like what I would see in the browser. I’m using flex and grids, and they are not rendering properly in the generated pdf.

If it’s a version issue, what is the latest version of Aspose.Words needed to have CSS 3 or CSS 2.1 compatibility?

Thanks

@bellabi,

Please ZIP and upload your simplified HTML file where you are making use of flex and grids and the Aspose.Words generated PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will then test the scenario using the latest 20.7 version of Aspose.Words for .NET on our end and provide you more information.

Thank you for responding so quickly. Yes, here are those files in a zip.

Also, if you can let me know what is the minimum version of Aspose.Words needed show our grid properly in the PDF. Since we just got on version 18, this info will be helpful when discussing compatibility and scheduling with my dev team.

bellabi_asposeHTMLExample.zip (217.8 KB)

@bellabi,

Unfortunately, even the latest 20.7 version of Aspose.Words for .NET is currently unable to properly render such HTML (with flex and grid display CSS properties) to PDF (see 20.7.pdf (35.9 KB)). For the sake of any correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-20798. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of linked issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@bellabi,

We have completed the analysis of WORDSNET-20798 but unfortunately, Aspose.Words currently does not support “display: flex” and “display: grid” CSS styles. Because of complexity, we are going to postpone the implementation of this issue till a later date. There are no estimates available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as this issue will get resolved in future. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Alright, thank you for looking into it. I’ve let my dev team know about this analysis. Most likely, since we can’t re-create this grid using HTML Tables, we will have to remove it from the generated document.

@bellabi,

We will also notify you here when Aspose.Words will support “display: flex” and “display: grid” CSS styles in future.