Convert International Language Characters in Word DOCX to PDF | C# .NET

We are conducting User Acceptance Testing of the Aspose Words Word to PDF conversion, and we are seeing some international characters not converting properly, shown as boxes in the graphic below.

Any suggestions on how to address the missing characters. I am able to convert to a PDF as a save as in Word and it produces the correct output with no missing characters. Any suggestions on next steps here?

Issue with Tai Le: ᥠᥡᥢ, ᥣᥤᥥ ᥦᥧ
ट; Ethiopic : ኄኹቔ, ሸፙ፷ ݛݛ; Georgian:

image.png (157.7 KB)

International.pdf (238.2 KB)
International.docx (49.9 KB)

@dplundberg,

You are using a very old (19.3) version of Aspose.Words for .NET on your end. We suggest you to please upgrade to the latest (21.8) version of Aspose.Words for .NET and see how it goes on your end? Also, for the proper rendering of this DOCX to PDF, please make sure that the following fonts are installed on your machine:

• Arial Unicode MS
  • Iskoola Pota
  • Ebrima
  • Nyala
  • Mongolian Baiti
  • Estrangelo Edessa
  • MV Boli
  • Arial
  • Times New Roman

In case the problem still remains, then please compress the following font files into ZIP format and attach the .zip file(s) here for further testing on our end:

• Iskoola Pota
  • Estrangelo Edessa

Thanks so much for your reply, @awais.hafeez ! I appreciate your assistance. We were able to upgrade to 21.6, but we are still seeing the same missing characters/glyphs. I have attached the original word which looks good, the converted pdf with the missing characters, and the fonts in the attached zip.

• Iskoola Pota
  • Estrangelo Edessa

Any assistance the group has is greatly appreciated!

@dplundberg,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-22611. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated here on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-22611) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.9 update.