Convert OfficeMath to PNG

Can I use Aspose.Words to convert an OfficeMath object into an image?

How do I get MathML or OOML from an OfficeMath object?

Can I create an OfficeMath object and set its MathML or OOML?

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. There is no way to convert a particular node in the document to image. As a workaround, you can copy the particular node(s) into an empty document and then convert this document to Image.

Secondly, I am afraid, Aspose.Words doesn’t provide public methods and properties to create or modify an OfficeMath object. Your request has been linked to the appropriate feature (WORDSNET-6987) and you will be notified as soon as it is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Do you have an ETA on when this functionality will be available? Requests for this functionality appear on your forum from over 5 years ago.

This page claims Aspose.Words for .Net has “Improved support for Math Markup Language (OMML) when converting to and from DOCX files.” and that this has already been ported to Aspose.Words for Java: “2011: Aspose.Words 10 for .NET is released. Auto-porting to Java is completed.”.

Also, how do I extract the OOML from an OfficeMath object? Or do you not support this yet either?

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. The OfficeMath equations will be preserved during open/save with the latest version of Aspose.Words. A complex public API is required to provide access to different parts of equation nodes and hence the implementation has been postponed for now. However, could you please explain what do you mean by getting OOML from an OfficeMath object? Do you want to get the inner raw XML that represents MathML?

Best regards,

Postponed indefinitely?

awais.hafeez:
However, could you please explain what do you mean by getting OOML from an OfficeMath object? Do you want to get the inner raw XML that represents MathML?

Yes. That is exactly what I mean.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am in communication with the development team and will update you as soon as I have information on this.

Best regards,

To quote from May last year:
https://blog.aspose.com/2012/05/03/signature-line-and-improved-support-for-math-content-in-aspose.words-11.3.0 :
“Aspose.Words now supports import and export of MathML in ODT format”

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the additional information. “Aspose.Words now supports import and export of MathML in ODT format” means that OfficeMath equations are preserved when reading from or saving to ODT format. However, the public API to manipulate OfficeMath nodes is still not available. Please be patient and spare us little time. I will update you as soon as I have extra information.

Best regards,

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your patience.

I have received response from our development team and regret to share with you that we won’t be able to provide access to the raw-XML through Aspose.Words’ API. The whole point of Aspose.Words’ API is to hide complexities and internals of file formats from end users. However, we strive to include a decent API to create or modify an OfficeMath object sometime in the future. We will inform you as soon as this API is available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,