We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Convert pdf to pdfa format- it can't pass validation

I used aspose.pdf 9.8 to convert pdf to pdfa format, but the last pdfa file can’t pass site () check, so is it standard pdfa format?

(1) Demo code
//Convert PDF to PDF/A
public static void PdfToPdfA(string sFilePdf, string sFilePdfA)
{
Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(sFilePdf);

string xml = Application.StartupPath + “\PDF\log.xml”;
bool v = pdfDocument.Validate(xml, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B);
if (!v)
{
pdfDocument.Convert(xml, Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
pdfDocument.Save(sFilePdfA);
}
}

(2) PDF Validator Online Tool output below message:
Validating file “test_pdfa.pdf” for conformance level pdfa-1b
The XMP property ‘xmp:ModifyDate’ is not synchronized with the document information entry ‘ModDate’.
The value of the key N is 4 but must be 3.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document doesn’t conform to the PDF reference (missing required entries, wrong value types, etc.).
The document’s meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.
Done.

(3) Please check attached test files.

Any suggestion for it, should I ignore the online site message?
Thank you!

PS, the validation site url http://www.pdf-tools.com/pdf/validate-pdfa-online.aspx

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the PDF to PDFA scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.5.0 and verified PDFA1b compliance successfully with Adobe Acrobat XI Preflight tool. Please note we recommend to use Adobe Acrobat Preflight tool for conformance validation, as.all tools on the market have their own “representation” of PDF/A conformance. Please check this article on PDF/A validation tools for reference. We chose Adobe products for verifying how Aspose.Pdf produces PDF files because Adobe is at the center of everything connected to PDF.

Please download and try latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET for the purpose, and use Adobe Acrobat Preflight tool for compliance verification, it will resolve the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,