Convert PDF to TIFF - File size

I’m trying to convert a PDF to TIFF using the example listed here:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfjava/Convert+PDF+pages+to+TIFF+Image

The resulting single page TIFF Image is 1.14 mb. A bit large for our database which is used to TIFF images in the 30 - 90 kb range.

I’d like to peruse your API to see if there are any settings to affect the quality of conversion, but your API link holds at “Loading”.

Is the API available anywhere else? Or is there a way to reduce the file size of the resulting TIFF?

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate it if you please share your sample PDF document, we will test the scenario and will suggest you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Tilal, I know of no way to share the PDF file in this forum.

Do you have a Javadoc API available? The API directory in your support page provides either broken or unavailable links.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your inquiry.

bclar:

I know of no way to share the PDF file in this forum.

While replying/posting a thread you may use "Add/Update" button at the bottom of text editor window to share the file.

bclar:

Do you have a Javadoc API available? The API directory in your support page provides either broken or unavailable links.

I am afraid currently online API reference documentation is not updated due to some internal issue. Hopefully we will fix it soon. Meanwhile you may refer javadoc folder(--\aspose-pdf-9.3.1-java\javadoc) from JAR folder for the purpose. Hopefully it will serve the purpose.

Best Regards,

Thanks Tilal!

I’ve attached the PDF. I’m trying to convert page 1 with the following example code:

//open document
com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(“IN0913.036.pdf”);
// create stream object to save the output image
java.io.OutputStream imageStream = new java.io.FileOutputStream(“Converted_Image.tiff”);

//create Resolution object
com.aspose.pdf.devices.Resolution resolution = new com.aspose.pdf.devices.Resolution(300);
//create TiffDevice object with particular resolution
com.aspose.pdf.devices.TiffDevice tiffDevice = new com.aspose.pdf.devices.TiffDevice(resolution);
//convert a particular page (Page 1) and save the image to stream
tiffDevice.process(pdfDocument,1,1, imageStream);

//close the stream
imageStream.close();

Hi Bill,

Thanks for sharing source code and sample document. We have tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for Java 9.3.1 and unable to notice any exception. Please download and try latest version of Aspose.Pdf for Java it will help you to resolve the issue.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,