Convert PDF to... which formats?

Is there any information available somewhere on which formats we can export a PDF to using Aspose.Pdf? We’re mainly interested in converting PDFs to image formats, but SVG or SWF would also be if interest. We do not need to create PDFs, we just need to convert from PDF to another format.

Regards,

Stefan

Hello Stefan,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />

Thanks for considering Aspose.

If you need to convert an existing PDF file into Image format, then please try using our product named Aspose.Pdf.Kit which contains a class named PdfConverter which can server your purpose. You can convert the PDF file into BMP, JPEG, PNG and TIFF image formats but I am afraid ,SVG or SWF are not supported.

Please visit the following link for required information and sample code snippet. Click Here

Beside this, we also have a component named Aspose.Recognition which provides the capability to convert PDF files into number of formats i.e.DOC, OOXML, OpenDocument, RTF, WordprocessingML, HTML, MHTML or TXT For more related information, please visit [Aspose.Recognition](http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.recognition-for-.net/default.aspx)

NOTE: This is Beta version of PdfConverter. And we may be not able to improve its performance in short time.

thanks, reading the product info page it does not sound usable for image conversions. Poor picture quality, slow performance,… That’s a real shame as we would like to offer conversions from formats that include PDF.

Would the results be better if we use Recongition to convert to .DOC and the to Image? Or does Aspose.Words also have problems converting to images?

FYI I’ve asked a similar questions in the Words forum but had not yet had a reply.

Cheers

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

We're extremely sorry that Aspose.Pdf.Kit currently doesn't support high quality conversion from PDF to images; I'm afraid to add that we'll not be able to improve the conversion process in short time.

As far as the queries regarding the Aspose.Words are concerned, I'm sure the related team would be able to help you out in a better way. I hope someone from Aspose.Words team would answer your query very soon.

If you have any further questions regarding Aspose.Pdf.Kit please do let us know.

Regards,

hello,
you advised that I should post here. In a separate message you said:

"We have fixed some of the issues in PdfConverter (the class used to convert PDF to Images), however I’m afraid due to certain limitations we couldn’t improve the conversion quality and the performance very much. I would also like to share with you that it is not feasible for us to cater all the possible types of PDFs (PDFs with different origins and content types) to convert into images with high quality and better performace at once.

Nevertheless, we have plans to improve the conversion quality and performance, but that will take time. If you can narrow down your criteria we can start working with that. For example, if you can share that what kind of PDFs you’re going to process mostly and what type of output images you want to produce, we can start working on those scenarios.
"

Our service will take user submitted documents and convert them, therefore I do not know what types of PDF documents they will upload - a variety I guess. As far as output goes, we would be happy with JPGs or PNGs.

Regards,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We’ll be working on the quality and performance improvements, however covering variety of input PDF files will take time. Please keep yourself updated with the latest progress regarding these improvements via Aspose.Pdf.Kit Blog. You can also share any particular PDF files causing problems during conversion from PDF to images.

We’ll try our best to gradually improve the conversion process.
Regards,