Convert ppt to html in Python with the free account

Hi

Using my free account and I would like to see how the ppt to html conversion works with our pptx.

When I tried to use with the python code from the documentation and replacing the apikey and the apiSid:

Convert Presentations|Documentation

I always get reply: ‘HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden\r\n’.

Can I use my free account to do this? If not how can I test that the conversion works with our ppt and pptx?

Hi,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that you can get 30 days trial version for evaluation purpose. Please visit this link to get trial version. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

Best Regards.

Hi

Thanks for your answer, I have the license now.

But I can’t find the way to apply the license to convert the pptx file with python. The only documentation I’ve found is with .Net:

As I commented in the previous post, I would like to use the example with python.

Could help me please?

Regards

Hi,

I have observed your comments. We are working on this and will get back to you with feedback soon.

Best Regards,

Hello, do you have any feedback about this problem?

Hi Carlos,

I have observed your comments and like to share that once you subscribe your self to any payment plan then your account becomes paid account and you will no more observe watermarks in your generated output. I suggest you to please visit this documentation link for your further kind reference in this regard. I hope the shared information will be helpful.

Many Thanks,

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

But I'm not asking about the watermark, I don't mind to have the watermark.

As I said:

I can't find the way to apply the license to convert the pptx file, with the python script. The only documentation I've found to do it's with .Net:

https://docs.aspose.com//display/slidesnet/License+Aspose.Slides+for+.NET

I can't use .Net, I need to do it with Python, where can I apply the license in this python command to convert pptx to html?

https://docs.aspose.com/display/slidescloud/Convert+PowerPoint+Documents+to+other+File+Formats

Thanks

Hi,

Please accept my apology if I have not been able to clarify the concept to you. Actually, when you have a trial account, you will get watermarks with your output. The presence of watermark means you don’t have license for service. Your trial account simply becomes licensed when you subscribed for any paid account. You will use the same AppKey and SSID that is associated with your account and now you will be licensed and will not more have watermarks. There is no specific method in case of cloud service for applying license as it is available in case of .NET APIs. Your paid subscription ensures you are licensed.

I hope this will clarify the concept now.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir

Thanks for your answer

But in that case, because my account is already licensed why when I tried to use with the python code from the documentation and replacing the apikey and the apiSid:

I always get reply: ‘HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden\r\n’.

?

Hi Carlos,

We have verified the shared documentation link on our end and successfully exported the presentation to TIFF and HTML. There may possibly be issue with presentiton file itself that you are trying to export on your end or there may be some issue with used ApiKey and AppSid. Can you please share the source presentation along with ApiKey and AppSid. You can share the ApiKey and AppSid privately using these guidelines. Please notify us here once you have shared the information.

Many Thanks,

Hi Carlos,

I have attached two python scripts for your kind reference in attachment. One will upload the file to cloud storage and then perform conversion. Whereas, other will convert it without uploading to any storage. In order to use the shared scripts, you need to install respective pycurl as per your Python version first. Once environment is all set, you will have to set the AppKey, AppSID and presentation file name that you want to convert. Please also make sure to set the AppKey and AppSID properly as they may result in error if wrongly set. I have tested a presentation with attached scripts and they successfully did the conversion on my end. I hope the shared information will be helpful on your end to verify the API working.

If there is still an issue then please share the sample code with AppKey and AppSID set by using these guidelines. Please notify us here once you have shared the requested information privately.

Many Thanks,