We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Convert ppt to pdf causing Unsupported font head version exception

Hi,
Here is my code:

Dim strPath As String = My.Application.CommandLineArgs(0)
Dim xmlDoc As XmlDocument = New XmlDocument()
xmlDoc.Load(strPath)
Dim strNewFile As String = xmlDoc.FirstChild().Attributes("filedest").InnerText
Dim strExeDir As String = xmlDoc.FirstChild().Attributes("exedir").InnerText
Dim pres As Aspose.Slides.Presentation = New Aspose.Slides.Presentation()
Dim pptSrc As Aspose.Slides.Presentation
Dim diapos As XmlNodeList = xmlDoc.DocumentElement.GetElementsByTagName("diapo")
Dim diapo As XmlNode
Dim strId As String
Dim slide As Aspose.Slides.Slide
Dim sList As SortedList
For Each diapo In diapos
strId = diapo.Attributes("id").InnerText
pptSrc = New Aspose.Slides.Presentation(strExeDir + "ppt\" + strId + ".ppt")
slide = pptSrc.GetSlideByPosition(1)
sList = New SortedList()
pptSrc.CloneSlide(slide, pres.Slides.LastSlidePosition + 1, pres, sList)
Next
pres.Save(strNewFile, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf)

I have used Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.1.1 and Visual Basic 2008 Express.

The result is an exception on the last line : Unsupported font head version exception

Please, can you help me ?

Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your code snippet and the slide cloning line don't seem to be problematic. I request you to kindly share your presentation files and if possible your source project, so that I can investigate the issue further.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

The issue has been resolved. The exception is caused by a font file installed on the system. Here is the font file in file attachment.

The new problem is : if someone has a corrupted font file installed on his system, he can't convert a ppt to pdf.

Have you a resolution ?

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

Now after you have shared your font file, I have been able to verify the issue specified by you. An issue with ID 16146 has been created in our issue tracking system to verify whether the problem is related to Aspose.Slides and if it so, then possible resolution to the problem. This thread has been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Eric,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have discussed the specified issue with our development team. The issue is actually not related to Aspose.Slides directly. There are two things that can be done here; one is to throw the exception in case of broken font, and that we are doing. The only thing that can be added further to description of exception is to add the name of font description. Secondly, if we skip the rendering of text with broken fonts then user can face other problems in terms of missing text in rendered slide. Hope it resolves your query.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18791) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.