Convert PPTX to PDF using Aspose.Slides for Java - output is missing arial-black characters

I use aspose 19.1 for java.
Presentation targetPresentation = new Presentation();
PdfOptions pdfOptions = new PdfOptions();
pdfOptions.setJpegQuality((byte)100);
pdfOptions.setSaveMetafilesAsPng(true);
pdfOptions.setTextCompression(PdfTextCompression.None);
pdfOptions.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.Pdf15);
targetPresentation.save(presentationFileNameSb.toString(), SaveFormat.Pdf, pdfOptions);

example.JPG (72.0 KB)
Output.JPG (73.3 KB)

The Output.jpg is missing the arial-black characters.

@romeoalf,

I have observed your requirements and suggest you to please first try using latest Aspose.Slides for Java 20.3 on your end. In case there is still an issue then please share the source file, generated output, Java and Operating System details with us. Please also make sure that fonts used in your presentation are installed on your machine too.

In attach:

• ConvertPPT2PDF.zip contains Pptx2pdf.java class that I’ve used for my test.
    The file .classpath contains the libraries aspose that I’ve used.

• The OS version: Linux version 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64 (Red Hat 4.8.5-36) and I’m using the java jdk1.8

• testPPT2PDF.zip contains the source pptx file to convert in pdf file. (contains Arial-black chars)

• PowerPoint-to-PDF.pdf is the output file. It is not correct because doesn’t display the Arial-black chars

• this is the fc-list output command:
    [root@collaudo-04 ppt2pdf]# fc-list
    /usr/share/fonts/arial/Arial-Black.ttf: Arial Black:style=Regular
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/liberation-sans-bold-italic.ttf: Liberation Sans:style=Bold Italic
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed-Oblique.ttf: DejaVu Sans,DejaVu Sans Condensed:style=Condensed Oblique,Oblique
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed-Bold.ttf: DejaVu Sans,DejaVu Sans Condensed:style=Condensed Bold,Bold
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf: DejaVu Sans:style=Book
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/liberation-sans-bold.ttf: Liberation Sans:style=Bold
    /usr/share/fonts/arial/Arial-Black-Bold.ttf: Arial Black:style=Bold
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/Arial-Black-Bold.ttf: Arial Black:style=Bold
    /usr/share/fonts/Arial-Black.ttf: Arial Black:style=Regular
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/liberation-sans-italic.ttf: Liberation Sans:style=Italic
    /usr/share/fonts/Arial-Black-Bold.ttf: Arial Black:style=Bold
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf: DejaVu Sans:style=Bold
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/Arial-Black.ttf: Arial Black:style=Regular
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf: DejaVu Sans,DejaVu Sans Condensed:style=Condensed,Book
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-ExtraLight.ttf: DejaVu Sans,DejaVu Sans Light:style=ExtraLight
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed-BoldOblique.ttf: DejaVu Sans,DejaVu Sans Condensed:style=Condensed Bold Oblique,Bold Oblique
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-Oblique.ttf: DejaVu Sans:style=Oblique
    /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-BoldOblique.ttf: DejaVu Sans:style=Bold Oblique
    ConvertPPT2PDF.zip (56.8 KB)
    PowerPoint-to-PDF.pdf (2.3 MB)
    testPPT2PDF.zip (51.9 KB)

Thanks in advance for the support and sorry for my english.
Regards,
Romeo.

@romeoalf,

I have observed the information provided by you. Can you please possibly try using latest Aspose.Slides for Java 20.4 on your end please. I also suggest you to copy the fonts used in your presentation to a custom location and try loading the fonts externally in your application. If the issue still persist, please share the details with us.

Good morning.
I used aspose 20.4. In attach the input PPTX and the output PDF.
The output contains the Arial Black char, but it seems that’s all the pdf is rendering with Arial-Black characters. Furthermore, the rendering does not seem perfect to me, why Because i’m using a not ufficial library ?

Regrards,
RomeoPowerPoint-to-PDF.pdf (3.1 MB)

case_slide_test.zip (305.1 KB)

@romeoalf,

I like to share that license is not an issue in this case. You can even consider using 30 days trial license to verify the things on your end. I suggest you to please verify that the fonts used in your presentation are available on your machine or not. The default font is rendered in cases where the font used is not available on machine where you are performing rendering.