Convert SVG Images with Embedded @font-face Rule to Word PDF Formats using Java - Mathematical Equations Notations

Hi,

We’re using Aspose.Words (Java, version 19.9) to produce Word and PDF documents. Some of the source for the documents include SVG images produced from the Wiris MathType tool.
These SVGs have embedded fonts and use the @font-face rule.

The Word document produced by Aspose is missing many of the SVGs that were inserted (the PDF is also missing SVGs, but not as many). They appear as empty squares in the doc. Is this a known issue, or do you have any tips for getting the SVGs to work correctly when building a Word/PDF docs?

Thanks!

@klrpdx,

Have you also tried the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 20.1 on your end? In case the problem still remains, please ZIP and attach the Word and PDF documents and a simplified Java Application (source code without compilation errors) here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Thanks for helping! Attached is a zip with a simple Java class (and maven pom) that inserts an SVG image into a document and saves the document. When I open the doc with Word, all I see is an empty square where the SVG should be. The zip includes two SVG files: union.svg, a simple mathematical union symbol, and pie.svg, the pi symbol. pie.svg appears correctly in the doc, but union.svg does not.

Ken
asposeSvg.zip (12.8 KB)

Also, I get the same results with 19.9 and 20.1

@klrpdx,

But as can be seen in the following screenshot, the union symbol is appearing correctly when viewing your “~\asposeSvg\AsposeSVGIssue\output\svgDoc.docx” document with MS Word 2019 on our end. What Word editor/viewer are you using to open this document on your end?

Convert SVG Images with Embedded @font-face Rule to Word PDF Formats using Java - Mathematical Equations Notations

Thanks for trying it. That’s interesting.

I’m using Word 16.33 (2011301) on a Macbook Pro (Mojave).

Just an update on this. Our own internal testing proves that the problem is only on Word running on Mac.

@klrpdx,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-19951. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.