Prevent Table in Word Document from Spanning Across Multiple Pages in PDF using Java | Correct Data of Column Widths

Hi,
I am creating a document with aspose and saving the same with word and pdf. In the document i am creating a table, which looking good in word but not in pdf. Even I created a source code PdftableIssue.zip (87.5 KB) to reading the created word through aspose and save it as pdf. Still getting the issue. This is the created word file input_doc.zip (10.6 KB) and getting this pdf output_doc.pdf (62.0 KB)

Once I change the input file, word “the” in the table to “abc” input_doc (3).zip (11.0 KB)
through Ms word and then, convert to pdf using the same code, generated pdf is same as word(expected output) output_doc.zip (60.1 KB)

@Gptrnt,

While using the latest (20.6) version of Aspose.Words, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-20682. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it will get resolved in future. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Any updates on this issue? This is a very critical issue for me. Please resolve this as soon as possible.

Thank you

@Gptrnt,

I am afraid, your issue is not resolved yet and because of complexity, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date. There are no estimates available at the moment.

The issue occurs because incorrect column width data stored in the document are currently not recalculated by Aspose.Words. The issue actually depends on the resolution of an internal extremely complex issue (WORDSNET-832). Therefore, WORDSNET-20682 is postponed until at least WORDSNET-832 is resolved, we will review your issue after the resolution of WORDSNET-832.

We will inform you here as soon as this issue will get resolved or any further updates may be available in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Any updates on this issue?

@Gptrnt,

I am afraid, WORDSNET-20682 is not resolved yet and the implementation of this issue has been postponed till a later date. There are no estimates (ETA) available at the moment. We will inform you here as soon as this issue will get resolved in future or any more updates may be available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Any updates on this issue ?

@Gptrnt,

WORDSNET-20682 is still postponed. The issue depends on Table layout re-calculation for Tables with “fit text” options. There was no progress on that feature. We will notify you here as soon as this issue will get resolved in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Any update on this issue ?

@Gptrnt Unfortunately, there are no news regarding this issue. We are still working on the overall improving of table layout algorithm. The improvements we make upon this work are also required to fix the issue you reported.

Hi,

Any updates on this issue ?

@Gptrnt Unfortunately, the issue is still postponed and is not scheduled for development yet. Currently the development team is working on the more common cases of table layout. Once this work is finished your issue will be revised.