Convert to PDF_A_1B works in Online converter but not using code

Hi,
Im trying to convert a simple PDF (1 page with “Test” as text)

Test.pdf (15.7 KB)

When using the following link:

The PDF is converted fine and I can validate it too using your .Validate() method:

However, once i use Aspose.PDF version 23.3 and try to convert from code, it fails.

Dim newPdf As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(“C:\Test\Test.pdf”)
newPdf.Convert(“C:\Test\PDFConvertLog.xml”, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.None)

XML Log:

1.0 Copyright (c) 2001-2023 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. 27-03-2023 13:39:40 Object is compressed The xref stream is prohibited The transparency is prohibited ('Group' key) The transparency is prohibited ('Group' key)

Can you help?

@EGththo,

I was able to recreate the error. I will create a ticket for the dev team.

@EGththo
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-54053

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Any news here? Seems strange that the online version works while using the library does not?

@EGththo,

I am sorry, but I went to check on the ticket, and there is no news yet.

@EGththo

It seems, there is a bit of misunderstanding here. It is totally OK for the conversion log to contain errors and warnings as long as all of them are marked with the attribute Convertable=“True”. It means that there were some problems in the source document, but they were automatically fixed during the conversion process.

Only if the log contains errors marked as Convertable=“False”, does it mean that there were some unrecoverable problems that prohibited the document conversion.

In this case, all the errors in the log are of the Convertable=“True” kind, and the output document is a valid PDF/A-1b (you may verify it using Adobe Acrobat Preflight or VeraPDF), so the conversion was performed successfully, the same as with the web app.