Convert to PDFs

Hi Support, We have a requirement to build a window services program which monitors a directory for incoming files (*.doc, *.xls, *.ppt, *.docx, *.xlsx, *.pptx, *.rt, *. *.tif, *.txt)

The program will then convert these files to PDFs.

I have been searching on the NET for many .NET API to use and came across Apose.Words. Could you please let me know if Apose.Words can do my requirements above without the need to have MS Office installed on the deployment machine

Hi Phong,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can confidently use Aspose.Words for .NET to build any type of x86 or x64 (32-bit or 64-bit) .NET application including ASP.NET, Web Services and WinForms.

Aspose products do not require Microsoft Office to be installed in order for them to run. Aspose components are totally independent and are not affiliated with, nor authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation.

You can convert MS Word document to pdf by using Aspose.Words. Please read the following article on converting Word documents to PDF format:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to++Convert+a+Document+to+PDF

Please note that you can load file formats mentioned in following documentation link into Aspose.Words DOM.

Once you have loaded a document into Aspose.Words DOM, you can save the document into following save formats.

Moreover, I am moving this forum thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Slides teams will reply you shortly about conversion of other file format to Pdf.

Hi Phong,

I would like to answer from Aspose.Pdf perspective. This component provides the capability to create as well as manipulate existing PDF files. It also offers the feature to convert TXT and TIFF files to PDF format. Please visit the following links for further information on

Hi,

I
would like to answer from Aspose.Cells perspective. This component
provides the capability to convert existing Excel files (XLS, XLSX etc.) to PDF format. Please see the following document for complete reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Converting+to+PDF+Files

Thank you.

Hi Phong,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides offers you to export both PPT and PPTX presentations to PDF. You don’t need to install MS Office on your machine in order to use Aspose.Slides for .NET. Please visit the following documentation links for your kind reference and share with us if any further assistance is needed from my end.

Convert PPT to PDF
Convert PPTX to PDF

Many Thanks,