Convert visio parsing from Visio SDK to Aspose Diagram

Hello,

I’m currently evaluating Aspose Diagram .NET to read and parse .vsdx Visio files. Our current application uses Visio SDK and has been working well for a few years but time has come to move it server side and Visio automation doesn’t seem to be supported nor recommended.

It’s a simple application that reads shapes and connectors, no modifications are made to the Visio. I’ve overcome a few obstacles to converting my existing Visio SDK code, but there is something that doesn’t seem to work consistently and is a show stopper right now. We use shapes from a custom stencil and I have found that for some of the existing shapes “shape.name” property is blank. if I delete the shape and drag it again from my stencil it shows the right name (e.g. CONNECTOR.7622). Problem is that we have a few existing Visio files and we cant modify all of them. We need the tool to be able to read our existing visio files.

Any ideas on why this could be happening and how to solve it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

@jcoira,

Kindly send us your stencil file, Visio drawing and code. We will investigate your scenario in our environment, and then share our findings with you. Your response is awaited.

Thanks for the prompt response. Where do I send it to?

@jcoira,

You can compress all files to a ZIP, and then upload to your post. There is an upload button in the header of the post editor. However, if the ZIP size is more than 3MB, then please upload to any free file sharer server, and share its download URL. Your response is awaited.

Thanks again. I uploaded a sample project (it includes the stencil) that illustrates the problem I’m having. Notice that while you can see the name of both connectors using MS Visio, one of them shows as blank when suing Aspose.

LoadWithAspose.zip (2.1 MB)

@jcoira,

We managed to replicate the problem of missing the name of connector shape. It has been logged under the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51433 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Thanks!. Your response is awaited :wink:

Hello,

I see that the issue DIAGRAMNET-51433 has been marked as “Resolved” for a few days now. Is there a hot fix I can get my hands on so I can keep evaluating the product?

Thanks.

@jcoira,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51433 has been fixed and included in the latest version 18.3. Please download and try the latest version 18.3 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-51433) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 18.3 API. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by imran.rafique

Hello Imran,

I downloaded version 18.3 of Diagram and the bug with the connector’s name was fixed. However, I am experiencing the same issue with other shapes. The attached project shows the issue with two different types of shapes. If you open AsposeTest1.vsdx with MS Visio you will see each of the shape names, but Aspose is reporting 2 of them with blank names.

Thanks in advance.

LoadWithAspose_Bug2.zip (2.1 MB)

@jcoira,

We managed to replicate the said problem in our environment. It has been logged under the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51435 in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

@jcoira,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51435 has been resolved and will be included in the next version 18.4 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We will notify you once the next is published.

Thanks for taking care of this.

@jcoira,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51435 has been fixed. Please download and try the latest hotfix version 18.3.1 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-51435) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 18.4. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by imran.rafique