Convert word (.doc 97-03) to pdf - indentation issues

Hello!

I’m experiencing an issue using the Aspose.Words.Document.Save() method to convert a 97-03 .doc (compatibility mode) file into a .pdf file.

I’m wondering if there is anything to be done in the case of this document.

There is an image which is placed into a text box and then anchored to some other text outside of the box such that some of the text is pushed to the right of the image to prevent overlap. When this document is then converted into a pdf, the text that got moved to the right of the image is actually moved back as though it was not indented, and the image ends up covering all the text. I can verify that the text is there by highlighting and searching for the text in question, and I can see the result highlighted underneath the image.

I believe it has something to do with the fact that the image is placed into a text box. Also it doesn’t seem that the text which is moved actually has an indent value but is rather just pushed over, so maybe that’s why it has no indent when it gets converted.

Currently using Aspose 16.11, but confirmed the issue persists with an updated Aspose (free version) as well as after converting the doc to updated Word formats.

@dcivsa,

Pease ZIP and upload your input Word document and Aspose.Words generated PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Thanks for getting back to me @awais.hafeez

Attached is a zip with the files in question.
Word-Conversion-Test.zip (36.6 KB)

@dcivsa,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17352. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.