We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Convert word doc to pdf with arabic lang support for java

I’m facing issues while converting Arabic word document to PDF file.

My machine is installed with MS Word Arabic version. Hence doc created using Aspose.words - java version is working fine. but while I’m saving the same document with PDF extension, each and every single Arabic character is left aligned in PDF document.

Please help me

Hello

Thanks for your request. The problem might occur because Aspose.Words does not support RTL upon rendering/printing and converting to PDF. RTL is extremely complex issue, so I cannot promise you a fast fix. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.

Best regards,

hi

Any updates on RTL support for Aspose.Words while converting to PDF

Regards
Sathish

Hi Sathish,

Thank you for inquiry. Unfortunately, your issues are pending for
analysis. Once our developers analyze these issues, we will be able to
provide you an estimate. You will be notify as soon as it is fixed. Sorry
for inconvenience.<o:p></o:p>

Hey,
I’m facing the same problem, I need to convert word doc in arabic to PDF, it’s not supported in aspose for .net or for java?
Please let me know if it is possible with Aspose.
Thanks.

Hi Leen,

Thanks for your inquiry. No, unfortunately, Aspose.Words (both .Net & Java variants) does not support RTL (right to left text) upon rendering (e.g. to PDF). Rest assured, we will keep you informed of any developments regarding the support of this feature via this forum thread.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

hi

Any updates on RTL support for Aspose.Words while converting to PDF

Regards
Sathish

Hi
Sathish,

Thanks for your inquiry. The underlying problem here is very complex and requires us to implement a new feature. This feature is currently in analysis phase. We will keep you informed of the status and let you know when it is available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1980) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(72)
Hi Sathish,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please also attach your input Word document (.doc/.rtf file) and output PDF document showing the undesired behaviour here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

hi Awais,

Sorry i could not upload any files for security reasons. Kindly replicate the same issue and test with any arabic text document (.doc/.docx)

Test Case:

Step 1) Load Aspose.words.jdk14.jar to oracle database (Oracle DB in Linux OS). For eg,
> host loadjava user/pwd@db -verbose -resolver “((* schema) (* PUBLIC) (* -))” -resolve /home/oracle/Aspose.Words.jdk14.jar

Step 2) File Server (Windows OS) - Mount the windows folder path to the Linux OS and provide full permission to folder (read,write,delete). for eg. dbms_java.grant_permission(‘schema’,‘SYS:java.io.FilePermission’,‘mounted folder directory in Linux’,‘read,write,delete’)

Step 3) Java source in oracle database - for eg:
create or replace and resolve java source named Schema.“JBWordEditor” AS
import com.aspose.words.*;

public class JBWordEditor
{
public static String convertDoc2Pdf(String p_doc, String p_pdf)
{
String error = “Success”;
try
{
Document doc = new Document(p_doc);
if(doc != null)
doc.save(p_pdf);
else
error = "File Not Found - "+p_doc;
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
error = ex.getMessage();
}
return error;
}
}
/

Step 4) Write a linking function to access java source by the Plsql procedure :
Create or replace package schema.PackJBWordEditor
AS
Function convertDoc2Pdf(p1 varchar2, p2 varchar2)
Return varchar2
As
language JAVA
Name ‘JBWordEditor.convertDoc2Pdf(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) returnjava.lang.String’;
End PackJBWordEditor;
/

Step 5) Write a procedure to test - for eg
declare
l_err varchar2(4000);
l_doc varchar2(4000);
l_pdf varchar2(4000);
begin
l_doc := ‘\server\doc\temp1.docx’; --(docx file in Windows file server)
l_pdf := ‘\server\doc\gen_temp1.pdf’; --(pdf file to be generated in the same Windows file server)

l_doc := replace(l_doc,’\server’,’/folder’); --(where folder in Linux OS which is already mounted)
l_doc := replace(l_doc,’’,’/’);

l_pdf := replace(l_pdf,’\server’,’/folder’); --(where folder in Linux OS which is already mounted)
l_pdf := replace(l_pdf,’’,’/’);

l_err :=schema.PackJBWordEditor.convertDoc2Pdf(l_doc,l_pdf);
DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Convert Doc 2 PDF : '|| l_err);

end;

Kindly do the needful asap.

thanks

Regards
Sathish

Hi ,

Thanks for the additional information. I will prepare the required platform to simulate the environment as of yours. As soon as everything is setup, I will test your issue on my end and post the results here for your kind reference. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Sathish,

Thank you for being patient.

Please find attached sample input/output Word and PDF documents. In output PDF document, you can see that Aspose.Words produced Arabic text incorrectly. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-8525. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PS: To address the actual problem you’re observing on your side, unfortunately, it is difficult to say what that problem might be without your input/output documents. I need your documents to reproduce the problem on my side. Please note that it is safe to attach files in the forum. If you attach your document here, only you and Aspose staff members can download it. Also you can send the file to my e-mail as described here:
http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8525) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.3.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.3.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.